Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ about FlyAway Charters, St John, British Virgin Islands
and powerboat trips in the Virgin Islands including the BVI’s and the USVI.

Clearing customs between USVI and BVI?
You do need a passport. During a Virgin Islands charter, you need to clear customs when entering a new country (BVI to USVI or vice versa.) Clearing customs into the BVI can be done at a few different locations in the BVI and we will pick one based on our other destinations for the day.   Clearing customs into the USVI is usually done at Cruz Bay, St. John. The process of clearing customs typically takes 45 minutes but can definitely vary based on the amount of traffic and customs officers. You do need a passport.

Do you do scuba diving?

While we do not provide scuba charters, our dear friends at Busy Bee Charters do!  They are also out of Coral Bay and can take you scuba diving to some beautiful locations!  Not certified yet?  They can take care of that too!  Check them out: Busy Bee Charters

What should we bring aboard?
Towels, environmentally friendly sunscreen (no aerosol sunscreen please), cameras and extra T-shirts are essential but you can also bring special drinks and snacks. Rash guards or UV protection shirts are recommended.

What will be provided?

We will have an ice chest with water and ice, please feel free to bring along any drinks or snacks.

What is the legal drinking age?
18 years old. Note: While an 18 year old on island can buy, order, drink alcohol they can not transport bottles of alcohol back to the US with them.

Internet service available?
In the BVI and USVI there are some WIFI locations and “internet cafes” throughout the cruising area. Internet service is not available in most other cruising areas.

Have a question not listed?

Just ask!  We are happy to help!